[mvapich-discuss] patch to remove unnecessary verbs.h dependency

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 00:05:36 EDT 2016

I am trying to use MVAPICH2 with PSM2 on a system where IB Verbs is not
installed.  The build fails due to unnecessary dependency on verbs.h.

The attached patch is the minimal hack required to compile MVAPICH2 libs
and link cpi.  Obviously a cleaner implementation will test use a proper
config.h preprocessor token to include or exclude verbs.h.

I think HOSTNAME_LEN should not be a conduit-specific header anyways, so it
should be moved from ib_param.h unless it is truly Verbs-specific, in which
case there should be a peer psm_param.h that defines it appropriately.

If you want a proper patch, please let me know, but I assume that either
you all will decide to implement it yourselves, or not implement it at all.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond