[mvapich-discuss] Runtime warning - Error in initializing MVAPICH2 ptmalloc library

Nenad Vukicevic nenad at intrepid.com
Tue Feb 23 19:37:52 EST 2016

We are running mvapich 2.2b on Fedora 23. We are getting the following
warning when running the code:

WARNING: Error in initializing MVAPICH2 ptmalloc library.Continuing without
InfiniBand registration cache support.

I saw some previous discussions on the subject but none of the suggested
solutions worked (there was a patch on 2.1a(?), plus LD_PRELAOD of mpich
library, etc..).

This error shows up on a simple hello test but only if we run on multiple
nodes.  I can run multiple threads on the same node without causing this
warning.

Any idea what we can try?  I understand that there will be a slight
decrease in performance if we disable ptmalloc.

--
Nenad