[mvapich-discuss] Network selection with MVAPICH 2.1, Slurm and RoCE

Hari Subramoni subramoni.1 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 4 06:57:52 EST 2016

Dear Davide,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

With the configuration you have mentioned MVAPICH2 will always select an
RDMA enabled network interface. It will never select the non-RDMA enabled 1Gb/s
Ethernet interface. It will fail if its not able to find an RDMA enabled
network interface. Could you please let us know why you think its trying to
connect through the 1 Gb/s link?

Could you please send us the output of ibv_devinfo command on the nodes on
which you're trying to run the program?

Have you had a chance to try out the second method mentioned in the
following section of the userguide that deals with running MVAPICH2 in RoCE
mode?

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/static/media/mvapich/mvapich2-2.2b-userguide.html#x1-380005.2.7

Thanks for pointing out the inconsistency in the userguide. The
"MV2_USE_RDMA_CM"
is also applicable for the OFA-RoCE interface. We will take care of fixing
this soon.

Regards,
Hari.