[mvapich-discuss] Porting OSU MPI to a new network fabric

dpchoudh . dpchoudh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 23:26:14 EST 2016

Hello OSU developers

Perhaps this question is a bit naive, but let me ask it anyway:

How hard would it be to add support for a new network fabric to the
OSU MPI stack? Is there any 'How-To' kind of documentation on this?

To put a bit of context into the question, I believe Texas Instruments
has ported OpenMPI to support their proprietary Hlink and (open
source?) rapidIO networks. Many years back I attempted a similar feat
for the Dune SAND fabric (now part of Broadcom) by implementing a new
BTL to OpenMPI.

Is there any example or documentation of doing something similar with
OSU implementation?

Thank you very much for any guidance.

Durga Choudhury

Life is complex. It has real and imaginary parts.