[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-2.2rc1 for Xeon Phi

Frank Winter fwinter at jlab.org
Fri Apr 29 15:31:51 EDT 2016

Scenario: Trying to build mvapich2-2.2rc1 on an Intel compute node
running Linux with a Xeon Phi.

I got a little further in the configure process. With

     --with-device=ch3:psm \
     --with-psm=/usr/local/ofed/CURRENT \

the configure script was able to find the psm headers. However, I then
ran into

checking whether we are cross compiling... configure: error: in
`../build/mvapich2-gcc-4.9.2/src/mpi/romio':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

Since I am building this on a compute node (x86 CPU) targeting the Xeon
Phi I believe this is a cross build. When adding the option

     --host=x86_64-intelmic-linux-gnu \

then again it doesn't find the 'psm' headers (even I set the option
--with-psm as shown above)

configure: error: 'No PSM header files found in default locations.
Please retry after setting --with-psm= OR --with-psm2= to correct paths'
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Is this the correct '--host' setting?

Frank