[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2 either with Intel TrueScale IB or no IB at all

Frank Winter fwinter at jlab.org
Thu Apr 28 16:26:24 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I try to install mvapich2-2.2rc1 on a system that only has Intel
TrueScale IB. Some searching about it gave me the impression that this
is not really supported yet. However, for now I only require the basic
functionality of the MPI wrappers (SMP is enough). Thus I'd like to
build mvapich2 with SMP support only. Unfortunately the system I am on
hasn't got the 'libibverbs' installed, and I was hoping to not need it
since I am not root on that system. However, configuring mvapich2 with

     --enable-fortran=no \
     --with-device=ch3:mrail \
     --with-rdma=gen2 \

gives

configure: error: 'libibverbs not found. Did you specify
--with-ib-libpath=?'
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

Can I completely disable all Infiniband functions such that this library
is not needed?

Regards,
Frank