[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 build problems with PGI compiler and Slurm

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Mar 31 12:37:18 EDT 2015

Hello Martin.  This problem is coming about because of an interaction with
a libtool file present in your slurm installation.

My suggestion is to temporarily (or permanently if you always used shared
libraries) rename  the libpmi.la file in the lib or lib64 directory of your
slurm installation to something like libpmi.la.bak.

The issue comes because libtool will try to use the options present in any
.la file it finds for libraries that its linking against.  In this case the
slurm library was built with a compiler that used the -pthread option
whereas PGI doesn't support this option.

Let me know if this helps.