[mvapich-discuss] Anyone successfully running Abaqus with MVAPICH2?

Mehmet Belgin mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 22 17:58:57 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

We recently upgraded the hwloc library used by the schedulers (along
with mvapich2 and all applications compiled with it), but apparently
Abaqus is using an internal MPI (PMPI) which still points to old hwloc
versions that are not compatible. As a result, Abaqus either crashes or
runs extremely slow.

Abaqus documentation suggests that it may be possible to run it using an
external MPI stack, and I am hoping to make it work with our stock
mvapich2/2.1 that knows how to talk with the scheduler's hwloc.
Unfortunately, however, all of my attempts failed miserably so far (no
specific instructions for mvapich2).

I was wondering if anyone had success with getting Abaqus running with
mvapich2. Even the information of whether it is possible or not will
help us a great deal.

Thanks for your help!

-Mehmet

Mehmet Belgin, Ph.D. (mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu)
Scientific Computing Consultant | OIT - Academic and Research Technologies
Georgia Institute of Technology
258 4th Str NW, Rich Building, Room 326
Atlanta, GA  30332-0700
Office: (404) 385-0665