[mvapich-discuss] Using environment modules -- libimf.so not found

Steve Heistand steve.heistand at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 12 17:35:12 EST 2015

On 01/12/2015 02:25 PM, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
> Incidentally, I know this is a bit off topic, but one of you may have some idea, and it was originally confusing me related to this problem. I use the Intel compilers,
>and they appear to ship something called the MPI Runtime, which supplies its own mpiexec/mpirun commands.
> Does anyone know what this is? It doesn’t appear to be the full-blown Intel MPI implementation, but interestingly enough, it appeared to work to launch jobs in conjunction with MVAPICH2.

It is evil and must be destroyed at all costs..
It messes all kinds of things up people arent expecting.
Having Intel's MPI installed is one thing but having related stuff forced
into paths associated with just compilers is wrong.

Its purpose is of course to allow compiling of codes with Intel's MPI and
distributing just the binary and not having the end user need a license for the
MPI library. Does need an Intel compiler license but free versions of those can be
obtained if need be.

 Steve Heistand                           NASA Ames Research Center
 SciCon Group                             Mail Stop 258-6
 steve.heistand at nasa.gov  (650) 604-4369  Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000
 "Any opinions expressed are those of our alien overlords, not my own."

# For Remedy                        #
#Action: Resolve                    #
#Resolution: Resolved               #
#Reason: No Further Action Required #