[mvapich-discuss] How to compile install MV2-gdr from MV2 source code?

Dun Liang randonlang at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 03:02:42 EDT 2015

Hi, developers

I use debian, so I have to compile install MV2-gdr
I compile install MV2 with below config:

Configuration
--prefix=/home/liangdun/mvapich/build --enable-cuda --disable-mcast --w
ith-cuda=/usr/local/cuda --with-device=ch3:mrail --enable-rdma-cm

and Plugin module to enable GPUDirect RDMA , gdrcopy are installed also,
but I do not achieve the prformance showed in
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/performance/gdr-pt_to_pt/

So, my question is:
How to compile install MV2-gdr from MV2 source code?

here is my test result, Looks like problematic

# OSU MPI-CUDA Latency Test
# Send Buffer on DEVICE (D) and Receive Buffer on DEVICE (D)
# Size            Latency (us)
0                         1.29
1                      1290.74
2                      1207.41
4                      1212.52
8                      1216.27

here is the env config:

export MV2_PATH=/home/liangdun/mvapich/build export
MV2_GPUDIRECT_GDRCOPY_LIB=/home/liangdun/mvapich/tool/gdrcopy_build/ export
MV2_USE_GPUDIRECT_GDRCOPY=1 export MV2_USE_CUDA=1 $MV2_PATH/bin/mpirun_rsh
-export -np 2 debian83 debian81 \ $MV2_PATH/libexec/mvapich2/get_local_rank
\ $MV2_PATH/libexec/mvapich2/osu_latency D D