[mvapich-discuss] Compiling Mvapich2 with PGI Compilers

Thompson, Matt (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] matthew.thompson at nasa.gov
Fri Sep 5 08:16:12 EDT 2014

Mark, et al,

I just tried a plain boring ./configure using PGI 14.6 on an RHEL 6.5
box here (so roughly equivalent to CentOS 6.4) and it worked here.

Well, I had to pass --with-device=ch3:nemesis (just a desktop machine,
no Infiniband) and undefine F90 in my environment, but it worked.

Looking at the config file, one thing you might want to see is if CPP is
defined in your environment. In my PGI modules, I always specifically do
not set CPP because it seems to often cause issues. For example, from
your config.log:

> configure:6160: checking how to run the C preprocessor
> configure:6230: result: /app/navapps/pgi/14/linux86-64/14.6/bin/pgprepro
> configure:6250: /app/navapps/pgi/14/linux86-64/14.6/bin/pgprepro   conftest.c
> configure:6250: $? = 0

It's using pgprepro. On my configure, it detected pgcc -E. You might
also try CPP=cpp as well.

If not that...maybe LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't pointing to both PGI's lib and
libso directory?

Matt

On 09/04/2014 03:25 PM, Mr. Mark L. Dotson (Contractor) wrote:
> I tried using 2.0 and received the same error. Config.log is attached.
>

> Mark
>

> On 09/04/14 15:12, Jonathan Perkins wrote:
>> Thanks for providing the config.log.  I inspected it but its not clear
>> to me why its failing.  It seems that my initial guess is not in play
>> here.  Can you try mvapich2-2.0 and see if it fails configure as well?
>>
>> http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/download/mvapich/mv2/mvapich2-2.0.tar.gz
>>

>> If it does fail, please also send that config.log.
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 02:44:02PM -0400, Mr. Mark L. Dotson
>> (Contractor) wrote:
>>> The config.log is attached.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mark

>>> --
>>> Mark Dotson
>>> Systems Administrator
>>> Lockheed-Martin
>>> dotsonml.ctr at afrl.hpc.mil

Matt Thompson          SSAI, Sr Software Test Engr
NASA GSFC, Global Modeling and Assimilation Office
Code 610.1, 8800 Greenbelt Rd, Greenbelt, MD 20771
Phone: 301-614-6712              Fax: 301-614-6246