[mvapich-discuss] Same nodes different time?

Daniel WEI lakeat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 18:20:20 EDT 2014

I test many different number of cores, the case I mentioned is actually
using 320 cores. The difference make me shocked. I will ask our sys
administrator concerning the network thing. Otherwise, the comparison is
meaningless. Thanks for your help.

Yes, I am always using --no-prec-div for compiling, and you are right, I
can test with just one node. You mentioned, 5~10 million may scales well on
64 cores. So I guess, (it seems you are very familiar with CFD :) ), you
mean it's better to have 70000~100000 cells/core. But my experience shows
that 30000~50000 is a good estimate, I can't get better performance larger
than 50000 cells/core. I am running unsteady analysis.

I really am looking forward to see how my code scales up to 1000~2000 cores.

Zhigang Wei
*University of Notre Dame*