[mvapich-discuss] TCP/IP-CH3 channel error in gethostbyname

Harisangam Sharvari Suhas harisangams at cdac.in
Wed Mar 5 02:31:11 EST 2014

hello,
       I have compiled MVAPICH1.9b and installed it on two nodes. The nodes are
connected back to back on interface eth4 .  Also the nodes are a part of a LAN
network on interface eth0. I used mpirun_rsh to run the osu benchmark as follows

mpirun_rsh -np 2  192.168.20.32 192.168.20.31 osu_bw

where 192.168.20.32  and 192.168.20.31 are ip addresses of two nodes on eth4.

it reports the error as gethostbyname: unknown server error.

2) As i already mentioned i have two interfaces . I want to test the bandwidth
of second interface eth4 which is back to back connected nodes.
   For this do i need to change any settings of the nodes??

-Thanks
-Sharvari Harisangam
Center For Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC),pune, INDIA