[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-x for stock rhel6

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Feb 21 20:09:24 EST 2014

Thanks for your note Martin.  I was able to reproduce this problem and
created a new package that should resolve it.  Can you try the
following and let us know if it works?

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/download/mvapich2x/mvapich2-x-2.0b-1.rhel6.stock.tar.gz

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Martin Pokorny <mpokorny at nrao.edu> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble with the mvapich-x 2.0b rpms for stock RHEL6
> systems. Whenever I  compile anything with mpicc, something like the
> following occurs:
>
>> $ mpicc -o ex ex.c
>> /opt/mvapich2-x/lib64/libmpich.so: undefined reference to
>> `ibv_reg_xrc_rcv_qp at IBVERBS_1.1'
>> /opt/mvapich2-x/lib64/libmpich.so: undefined reference to
>> `ibv_modify_xrc_rcv_qp at IBVERBS_1.1'
>> /opt/mvapich2-x/lib64/libmpich.so: undefined reference to
>> `ibv_open_xrc_domain at IBVERBS_1.1'
>> /opt/mvapich2-x/lib64/libmpich.so: undefined reference to
>> `ibv_unreg_xrc_rcv_qp at IBVERBS_1.1'
>> /opt/mvapich2-x/lib64/libmpich.so: undefined reference to
>> `ibv_create_xrc_rcv_qp at IBVERBS_1.1'
>> /opt/mvapich2-x/lib64/libmpich.so: undefined reference to
>> `ibv_create_xrc_srq at IBVERBS_1.1'
>> /opt/mvapich2-x/lib64/libmpich.so: undefined reference to
>> `ibv_close_xrc_domain at IBVERBS_1.1'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>

> Sure enough those symbols do not appear in the version of libibverbs
> installed on this system, which I believe is a stock RHEL6 distribution.
> Similarly named symbols without "xrc" in their names are present in the
> installed library. What am I missing here?
>
> Also, is there any chance that a source package for mvapich2-x will be
> available soon?
>
> --
> Martin Pokorny
> Software Engineer - New Mexico Systems Group lead
> National Radio Astronomy Observatory - New Mexico Operations

Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo