[mvapich-discuss] Trace MPI traffic

Srikanth Gumma sri4mailing at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 01:44:42 EST 2014

Hi,

I'm curious to know if I'm executing an application with mpirun command,
whether I can monitor the MPI traffic? Is there a way that I can identify
which interface from my server is being used for the MPI traffic?

In the older version of MPI, I remember we used the different interface
names for different interfaces and execute mpi, so we could identify that
the mpi traffic is going through a particular interfac. but the newer
version MVAPICH2 after integration of hydra process manager, we provide
only the host name and as I understand MVAPICH will decide the fastest
interface available and communicates with that interface. So in this case
can I identify which interface is being used by my MPI application?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications.

Regards
Srikanth.