[mvapich-discuss] Failure when building for PSM

Philipp Thomas pth at suse.de
Mon Apr 28 06:07:50 EDT 2014

* Jonathan Perkins (perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu) [20140425 15:23]:

> Hello Phillip, it appears that you have many CFLAGS in your
> environment when building mvapich2 that should not be there and can
> cause complications during the build.  The specific CFLAG that causes
> this error is -DMPID_USE_SEQUENCE_NUMBERS.  However you should remove
> all of them and rely only on configure options.

OK, I took over maintaining the SUSE package two years ago and just used the
spec file as is. This is how the spec file currently looks like:

export LIBS="-lrdmacm -libverbs -libumad"
export CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -DUSE_HEADER_CACHING -DONE_SIDED
-DMPID_USE_SEQUENCE_NUMBERS -D_SHMEM_COLL_ -DRDMA_CM -DDISABLE_PTMALLOC"
./configure  --prefix=%_prefix --libdir=%_libdir --mandir=%_mandir
---sysconfdir=%_sysconfdir --libexecdir=%{_libexecdir} \
   --with-pm=mpd \
%if "%{name}" == "mvapich2-psm"
   --with-device=ch3:psm \
%endif
    --enable-shared --without-mpe --disable-silent-rules

make %{?_smp_mflags}

I'll remove libs and extra CFLAGS and try again. Thanks for the help!

> Finally, I recommend removing the --with-pm=mpd option provided to
> configure.  Please let us know if this helps or if you have any
> further questions.
Will do.

Philipp