[mvapich-discuss] Failure when building for PSM

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Apr 25 09:23:16 EDT 2014

Hello Phillip, it appears that you have many CFLAGS in your
environment when building mvapich2 that should not be there and can
cause complications during the build.  The specific CFLAG that causes
this error is -DMPID_USE_SEQUENCE_NUMBERS.  However you should remove
all of them and rely only on configure options.

FYI, we see the following CFLAGS in the config.log that should not be present...
-DUSE_HEADER_CACHING -DONE_SIDED -DMPID_USE_SEQUENCE_NUMBERS
-D_SHMEM_COLL_ -DRDMA_CM -DDISABLE_PTMALLOC

It also looks like you set LIBS or LDFLAGS as well.  I also suggest
that these flags are unset.

Finally, I recommend removing the --with-pm=mpd option provided to
configure.  Please let us know if this helps or if you have any
further questions.

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Philipp Thomas <pth at suse.de> wrote:
> I'm the person responsible for packaging mvapich2 and other OFED related
> packages for openSUSE/SLES. When trying to build mvapich2 2.0rc1 FOR psm,
> i.e. passing '--with-device=ch3:psm' to configure, building stops with
> errors:
>
> src/mpid/ch3/src/ch3u_rndv.c: In function 'MPIDI_CH3_RndvSend':
> src/mpid/ch3/src/ch3u_rndv.c:67:8: error: 'seqnum' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      MPIDI_VC_FAI_send_seqnum(vc, seqnum);
>                 ^
> src/mpid/ch3/src/ch3u_rndv.c:67:8: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
> src/mpid/ch3/src/ch3u_rndv.c:68:16: error: 'MPIDI_CH3_Pkt_rndv_req_to_send_t' has no member named 'seqnum'
>      MPIDI_Pkt_set_seqnum(rts_pkt, seqnum);
>                 ^
> src/mpid/ch3/src/ch3u_rndv.c: In function 'MPIDI_CH3_PktHandler_RndvReqToSend':
> src/mpid/ch3/src/ch3u_rndv.c:209:468: error: 'MPIDI_CH3_Pkt_rndv_req_to_send_t' has no member named 'seqnum'
>      set_request_info(rreq, rts_pkt, MPIDI_REQUEST_RNDV_MSG);
>
> Attached is the config.log from this build. What other info do
> you need to fix this?
>
> Philipp
> ``

Jonathan Perkins