[mvapich-discuss] How to Specify Processes Per Node With mvapich

Susan A. Schwarz Susan.A.Schwarz at dartmouth.edu
Tue Apr 22 12:26:45 EDT 2014

I am running mvapich2 v1.9 on a CentOS 6.5 cluster with torque 4.2.6.1.
I need to be able to be able to specify the number of processes per node
when I start my mvapich program. If I was using mpich and starting my
program with mpirun or mpiexec,  I would use the "-ppn" option.  I don't
see any arguments similar to that when I use mpirun_rsh to start my
mvapich program.

We used to use the OSU mpiexec v0.84  before we upgraded our cluster to
use Centos 6.5 and torque 4.2.6.1 but now I can't get my mvapich2
programs to launch with mpiexec so I can't take advantage of the
"-npernode" option. I get a fatal error in MPI_Init when I launch my
mvapich2 program with mpiexec.

Is there a way to start my mvapich program and specify the number of
processes per node.

thank you,
Susan Schwarz
Research Computing