[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICh2 1.9 & PGI 14.3, "nvlink fatal : Unsupported file type"

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Apr 11 11:35:02 EDT 2014

Hello Filippo, you may want to try rebuilding with less or default
options to see if you can reproduce this.  I also want to note that
you're attempting to use knem with the gen2 interface of mvapich2 but
this is not supported.  You may want to replace this with an option to
enable cma or limic2 support.  Please see the following urls to our
userguide for more information.

Building with LiMIC2 or CMA
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.9.html#x1-110004.4

Building LiMIC2
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.9.html#x1-590006.6

If the issue persists may also want to try mvapich2-2.0rc1.  Let me
know if any of this helps.

Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo