[mvapich-discuss] Feature request: Configurable path to rsh command

Moritz Schlarb schlarbm at uni-mainz.de
Fri May 3 11:10:04 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I'm currently working on integrating MVAPICH2 into the LSF batch system.

To accomplish that, it would be of great help if I could set the exact
rsh command to be used (which is currently hardcoded via #define) while
configuring and/or executing mpirun_rsh (just like the selection between
rsh and ssh).
If that is possible, I can simply use the LSF utility blaunch as a
drop-in replacement for rsh which then uses the LSF daemons on the
remote nodes for starting processes and communicating.

 From digging around in the sources for mpirun_rsh, I found it to be not
much work to support this option, but I wanted to check with the
developers if there was a possible inclusion of that feature in the main
source tree.

Regards
--
Moritz Schlarb