[mvapich-discuss] Odd performance issues

Corey Petty corey.petty at ttu.edu
Mon Jul 1 17:25:58 EDT 2013

Hello Krishna,

1.) We run through the SGE submission engine, so there are no scheduling
conflicts ever.  I have also personally checked that other jobs are not
running on any of the compute nodes while a given job is running.  The
past week, I have had exclusive use of the entire cluster, so that there
could be no other user getting on the nodes and running jobs.

2.) A typical job takes up between 40 - 60 % of the nodes memory while
running.  So a job running on 120 cores (5 nodes) will take up about
40-60% of the 5 nodes they are being run on.

Corey