[mvapich-discuss] Odd performance issues

Krishna Kandalla kandalla at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Jul 1 17:03:46 EDT 2013

Hello Corey,

    Thanks for reporting this issue. We have a few questions for you:

1. We noticed that each node of your cluster has 12 cores. When you
running multiple jobs at the same time, could you please let us know
how many MPI processes are getting scheduled on the compute nodes? Is
it possible that more than one job is getting scheduled on the same
set of nodes? if this is the case, could you please let us know if
setting the following parameter changes anything?
MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY=0 (Please refer to the following link for more
information about this parameter:
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.9.html#x1-18100011.22)

2. We also see that your compute nodes have 48 GB memory. Do you
happen to know how much memory per node is being used when you are
running multiple jobs at the same time?

Thanks,
Krishna