[mvapich-discuss] Assertion failure

Martin Pokorny mpokorny at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 15 10:24:13 EST 2013

Hi Devendar,

On 01/14/2013 09:58 PM, Devendar Bureddy wrote:
> We haven't seen this assertion before.  Is this happening even without
> your modifications?  Did you specify any run-time parameters?

Reproducing the error without my modifications is certainly high on my
list of things to do, but I haven't done it yet. (To clarify my earlier
comment about modified MPI-IO routines, I should have been more
specific: the routines I'm working with are part of the ADIO Lustre
code.) The fault occurs only rarely, and I'm trying to find a way to
increase its frequency of occurrence to help with debugging. The only
run-time parameters I've currently set are MV2_USE_RDMA_CM=1 and
MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY=0.

--
Martin Pokorny
Software Engineer - Karl G. Jansky Very Large Array