[mvapich-discuss] Assertion failure

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Jan 15 02:52:10 EST 2013

Hi Martin,

ROMIO has a design requirement that it sit strictly on top of the MPI
public API and not anything specific to MPICH (from which MVAPICH is
derived).  Therefore - possible with some refactoring of your build
process - you should be able to experiment with your changes to MPI-IO
routines using an unmodified version of MVAPICH, which should make
debugging easier on the OSU folks.

If you should be able to download a stock release of MPICH and "cd
src/mpi/romio && mkdir builddir && cd builddir && ../configure
CC=${MVAPICH_MPICC}", hence you should be able to do the same with
your modified version of ROMIO without needing to have any interaction
with the MVAPICH source.  This should greatly simplify your debugging
efforts.

Best,

Jeff