[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-1.9a2 configuration issue

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Jan 12 14:32:54 EST 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 02:21:58PM -0500, Bharath Ramesh wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 02:10:46PM -0500, Jonathan Perkins wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 01:58:00PM -0500, Bharath Ramesh wrote:
> > > On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 01:34:11PM -0500, Jonathan Perkins wrote:
> > > <snip>

> > > Output for configure for embedded mode version of hwloc
> > >
> > > configure command line for both v1.5 and v1.6
> > > ./configure --prefix=$HOME/apps --enable-embedded-mode
> > > <snip>
> >
> > Thanks for the output of both versions with and without embedded mode.
> > It looks like there is something particular to our build that leading to
> > this issue.
> >
> > I'll speak with the other developers and see how to debug this further.
> > Can you also send the config.log of the mvapich2 build from the top
> > level and the src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/hwloc directories.
>
> I am attaching the config.log from mvapich2 build directory. I
> dont see any config.log in src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/hwloc
> directory. Should I run ./configure in that directory?

My mistake, I should have said, "src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail".  The
mrail configure would contain the output from hwloc.

> Also I just realized that this might be a bug in mpich2-1.5 as
> the hwloc configure is taking place inside the hydra launcher
> directory.
>
> Searching for the build error indicates this error was noticed
> also in mpich-3.0rc1. I will download the mpich2-1.5b2 and double
> check if I am getting the same error with mpich2-1.5b2.

If this is the case, you can try using "--enable-pm=mpirun" configure
option.  This will prevent hydra from being built and isolate the
problem.  We'll also take a look at those bug reports since it effects
us as well.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

--
Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo