[mvapich-discuss] mpirun_rsh error

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Apr 24 14:20:55 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 02:13:45PM -0400, Malek Musleh wrote:
> Yes, there are active firewalls on the network, I forgot about that
> potentially being an issue. I don't think it's permissble for me to disable
> the firewalls completely, which ports can AVIMPICH be configured to use?

MVAPICH2 doesn't use a predetermined port but one that is given to it by
the OS when requested.  You don't need to disable the firewall but can
you allow connections between machines that are on your network?

> The missing configure file was when I did an svn checkout, the branch
> tarball (where the install worked) is the one I am using.

Thanks.  There are also tarballs for the trunk branch however that won't
resolve the issue that you're facing with the firewall setup.