[mvapich-discuss] List of all Exit Codes

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Nov 15 09:18:39 EST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 01:38:25PM +0100, hecke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> even though i crawled the entire web, I was not able to find a list
> of all exit codes of mvapich.
>
> I am using (and therefore particularly interested in) version 1.2.0
> on a Mellanox IB network.
>
> Currently, my program crashes more or less irregularly with exit code -5.
>
> thanks a lot
>      Hecke

I believe this is a caught SIGTRAP signal (negative exit code usually
means it was an unhandled signal).

According to the signal man page this is
       SIGTRAP        5        Core    Trace/breakpoint trap

I don't believe this is coming from mvapich but from your application.
Can you get a backtrace from the core file that should have been
generated?

Also please note that mvapich-1.2 is old and unsupported.  I strongly
suggest that you update to the latest stable mvapich2 (1.8.1) or try our
latest release (1.9a2).

--
Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo