[mvapich-discuss] regarding hybrid MPI/pthread and RDMA

Sandeep Gupta gupta.sandeep at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 13:48:55 EDT 2012

Hi,
 I am exploring hybrid MPI/pthread programming model and  had couple of
questions/clarifications to ask for.  I wanted to know what options there
exists with mvapich2 for programming in the hybrid model. Currently I am
using MPI with  thread_support_multiple.
My question is that do I have to check for support level
THREAD_SUPPORT_MULTIPLE?. If the program does not have thread support
multiple does that mean it won't work in hybrid mode irrespective of the
mvapich version.
My second question is that are there any alternative way of achieving the
hybrid  computation model?.
And lastly with respect to mvapich how do I go about performing RDMA style
communication. Is it the MPI_Put and MPI_get set of collectives?

Thanks for taking a look.
Best,
Sandeep