[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2 / Torque PBS

Dark Charlot jcldc13 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 14:44:25 EDT 2012

 Hi Jonathan,

I confirm that mpiexec which comes with mvapich2-1.8 works like a charm
with Torque/PBS. There is no need to specify to the mpiexec command line,
how many processors you want to run, if it's indicated in PBS statements.

exemple : cat pbs.sh
# --------------------------------------------
#PBS -l nodes=4:ppn=2
#PBS -N my_cpi_run

cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR
mpiexec ./cpi > test.res

"qsub pbs.sh" will launch  "cpi" programs using 8 processors distributed
like this : 2 cpi processes on 4 differents nodes.

 This is exactly what it's expected !

 Thanks all for your support.

    Jean-Charles