[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2 / Torque PBS

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jul 17 15:38:21 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 09:18:07PM +0200, Dark Charlot wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>  I would like to use Torque/PBS batch package with mvapich2 1.8.
>
> According to the online documentation here:
> http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.8.html#x1-370005.2.4
>
> there are some infos saying :
>
> "You will need to download mpiexec from Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC) at
> the following link <http://www.osc.edu/%7Edjohnson/mpiexec/index.php>."
>
>  But the link is dead..... Is there an alternative link, or some others
> advices to use PBS with mvapich2 1.8 ?
>
>   Thanks in advance.
>
>      Jean-Charles

Thanks for the report.  It does appear that the link is dead and my
quick searching did not reveal the new location of the documentation.

While the mpiexec available from OSC provided tight integration it is
still possible for both mpirun_rsh and hydra (installed as mpiexec and
mpiexec.hydra) to be used with PBS.

In the past you'd have to specify the hostfile in your submit script by
pointing it to $PBS_NODEFILE but you should be able to omit this now as
they should automatically find this in the environment.

Please let us know if this works for you.

--
Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo