[mvapich-discuss] hyrda mpiexec vs. mpirun_rsh for large scale jobs

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Aug 3 23:36:24 EDT 2012

Hi Walid,

Thanks for your note.

The MVAPICH team recommends the use of mpirun_rsh because it delivers best
performance and scalability for job launching on large-scale clusters.
Many large-scale clusters (including TACC Ranger with 64K cores) use it.
Support for Hydra is provided as an alternative. Hydra is designed by the
MPICH2 team at ANL. Please contact them for any details on the limitations
you are experiencing.

Best Regards,

DK