[mvapich-discuss] hyrda mpiexec vs. mpirun_rsh for large scale jobs

Walid walid.shaari at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 16:33:31 EDT 2012

Dear All,

what is the best mpi launcher for large scale jobs, are there any
advantages/disadvantages of using mpiexec over mpirun_rsh, the issue is
that our cluster scheduler is UGE, and they reccomend and advise to use
hyrda as it provides tight integration out of the box, however we saw that
it is limiting us to 2600 cores max, we are still investigating the root
cause, however one finding was that if we use mpirun_rsh there are a couple
of paramters that allows large scale jobs to run, could not find the same
for mpiexec.

so, can hydra launch more than 2600 cores?
should we revert back to mpirun_rsh and solve our tight integration with
UGE?

regards

Walid