[mvapich-discuss] Correct Configuration options for MVAPICH2 on AMD Opteron 6136(8-core) processor.

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Sep 16 14:26:43 EDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your note. Intra-node communication performance can be affected
by multiple factors:

1. Cache and Memory speed. This can vary across platforms.

2. CPU mapping to cores (Please see Section 6.4.3 of MVAPICH2 user guide
for details)

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.7rc1.html#x1-480006.4.3

3. You can experiment with different combinations of CPU mapping to cores,
as indicated in Section 6.4.2 of the user guide, and see if it leads to
different performance numbers.

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.7rc1.html#x1-470006.4.2

Let us know whether different CPU mappings lead you to different
performance numbers on your platform.

Thanks,

DK