[mvapich-discuss] Correct Configuration options for MVAPICH2 on AMD Opteron 6136(8-core) processor.

J. Lakshmi jlakshmi at serc.iisc.in
Fri Sep 16 07:26:07 EDT 2011

Dear sir,
    I seem to be getting results below expectation on my cluster for the osu-benchmarks. I am enclosing the details for your comments. Am I missing something?

SERC cluster with mvapich2-1.7.rc1 configuration with intel compiler: CC=icc CXX=icpc  FC=ifort –prefix=/opt/mv1.7 –with-device=ch3:mrail –with-rdma=gen2 –enable-shared
Installed path -- /opt/mv1.7

                    Benchmark(Ohio website*)              SERC-cluster

Proc series          6174                                   6136
No.of proc           24                                      32
Freq.  (GHz)         2.2                                     2.4
OS                   Red hat 5.5                            Cent OS 5.4
Latency (4 bytes)   .68us                                 .77us     (intra-socket)
Latency (4 bytes)    .88us                                1.02us   (inter-socket)
Uni b/w(MB/sec)     1500for 1 MB                   970.52(for 1MB) intra
Uni b/w(MB/sec)     1450for 1 MB                   984.80(for 1MB)inter
bi b/w(MB/sec)       1900for 1 MB                   1291.34(for 1MB)intra
bi b/w(MB/sec)       1850for 1 MB                   1093.30(for 1MB)inter

cluster benchmark for intranode compared with osu_benchmark of ohio university
*http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/performance/mvapich2/intra_magny.shtml

Thankyou,
with warm regards,
Lakshmi J