[mvapich-discuss] configure with limic2

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Oct 21 17:41:50 EDT 2011

Hello Teng, I think the problem is caused by not finding the limic2
library.  With older versions of MVAPICH2 configure did not check
whether it could link at runtime with limic2 and a later configure
test for MPI_SIZEOF_AINT would fail with this misleading message.

This issue has been fixed in MVAPICH2-1.7.  Can you download this
version and let us know if it works for you?

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 4:57 PM, teng ma <xiaok1981 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I try to configure mvapich2-1.7rc with limic2(0.5.5) like
> ./configure --prefix /opt/mvapich-withlimic --with-limic2
>  It always complains follows:
> configure: error: Unable to convert MPI_SIZEOF_AINT to a hex string.  This
> is either because we are building on a very strange platform or there is a
> bug somewhere in configure.
>
> the limic device is there
> ls -l /dev/limic
> crw-r--r-- 1 root root 249, 0 2011-10-21 22:39 /dev/limic
>
> If without --with-limic2,  configure is smooth.   Anything wrong here?
>
> Thanks for help.
> Teng

Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo