[mvapich-discuss] question of one-sided communication

sreeram potluri potluri at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Oct 14 15:40:25 EDT 2011

Hi Alexandr,

Yes, MVAPICH2 supports one-sided communication semantics as defined by MPI
2.2 standard.

It takes advantage of RDMA features of InfiniBand to provide better
performance.

LIMIC kernel module or shared memory can be used to achieve better
performance within a node. I have attached some pointers to the appropriate
sections of the user guide that describe how to enable and use them.

LIMIC
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.7rc2.html#x1-520006.4

Shared-memory back windows
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.7rc2.html#x1-530006.5

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Best Wishes
Sreeram Potluri