[mvapich-discuss] version number question

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Nov 15 17:13:35 EST 2011

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your question.

Yes, `a' stands for the alpha release. It is not RC phase yet. As you can
find from the release note and CHANGELOG, this release is basically 1.7 GA
version + initial support for NVIDIA GPU with IB + a few bug-fixes. This
is primarily targeted for users of GPU+IB clusters to experiment with the
new GPU-GPU design.  Many more features and enhancements are planned to be
added for the 1.8 release. The RC version will include these enhancements
and features during the next few months.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

DK