[mvapich-discuss] MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE support

Martin Cuma martin.cuma at utah.edu
Sun Nov 6 22:49:28 EST 2011

Hello,

I am wondering how well is MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE supported in MVAPICH2 built
with --with-rdma=gen2. The reason I am asking is that I am getting
deadlock in my code, which does communication from multiple
threads/processes. The code is running fine with MPICH2, nemesis device.

The code does bunch of isends/irecvs, the thread number is always the
same among the communication pair, the processes involved differ. For
example, if process 0 sends to 1, then all threads (say 0-3) on process 0
do one send each, addressed to the respective thread on process 1. So, in
total, I do 4 sends, thr0 proc0 to thr0 proc1, thr1 proc0 to thr1 proc2,
etc. I am ensuring the right recipient via different tags for each thread.

Can someone please comment their experience with communication pattern
like that and what could be the cause of the problem I am seeing?

Thanks,
MC

--
Martin Cuma