[mvapich-discuss] SSE4 extensions on Intel architecture

Jacob Anderson jwa at beyond-ordinary.com
Tue Nov 1 13:36:49 EDT 2011

Will do.

For our MVAPICH2 (1.7) build, I am using this command line on the E5620 and
X5670 machines:

./configure --prefix=/usr/mpi/gcc/mvapich2-1.7
  --enable-fast=O3
  MPICH2LIB_CFLAGS='-march=native -msse4.2 -maes'
  MPICH2LIB_FFLAGS='-march=native -msse4.2 -maes'
  MPICH2LIB_CXXFLAGS='-march=native -msse4.2 -maes'
  MPICH2LIB_FCFLAGS='-march=native -msse4.2 -maes'
  --with-file-system=nfs
  GCC=/usr/bin/gcc44
  CC=/usr/bin/gcc44
  CXX=/usr/bin/g++44
  F77=/usr/bin/gfortran44
  FC=/usr/bin/gfortran44

This will be running on Mellanox fibre (QDR IB).