[mvapich-discuss] SSE4 extensions on Intel architecture

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Nov 1 13:25:32 EDT 2011

Hi Jake,

> Forgive the "can it do this" question, but if I enable the SSE4
> optimizations when compiling mvapich2-1.7, will it be of any value to the
> performance of the library?

Thanks for your question. We have done some internal evaluation and we do
not see much benefits at the level of mvapich2 communication with SSE4
optimization. However, you can use SSE4 optimization with applications to
get the benefits at the computation-level.

Let us know if you observe any different trend.

Thanks,

DK