[mvapich-discuss] poll_or_block_event

Jacob Harvey jaharvey at chem.umass.edu
Mon Mar 14 11:18:41 EDT 2011

MVAPICH users,

I'm running into a problem on our cluster that I don't really know
much about. Basically what happens is the when you submit a
calculation the job runs for some time and then randomly it appears to
stop running (ie. no more output is sent back from the executable). At
that point if you ssh to the node that was running the calculation
youw ill find that the executable is no longer running (not
surprisingly). Upon killing the job I get a whole bunch of the
following errors in the standard error file:

mpiexec: Warning: poll_or_block_event: evt 58 task 24 on node001:
remote system error.

We are using the OSC mpiexec to launch the jobs from with PBS. I've
looked around but haven't been able to find much related to this
error. If anyone could provide any assistance it would be very much
appreciated. I thank you in advance.

Jacob