[mvapich-discuss] Regarding transport interfaces of MVAPICH2

Hari Subramoni subramon at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jun 5 11:28:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in response.

Both OFA-IB-Nemesis & OFA-IB-CH3 are based on libibverbs layer in OFED and
depend on Subnet manager/Subnet administration components in OFED. In
particular, both these interaces need OpenSM to configure the LID's on all
interfaces as well as the many switch forwarding tables etc. In short,
these interfaces won't work without OpenSM.

RDMA_CM is one of the many ways which the OFA-IB-CH3 interface uses to
establish conections. We are working on integrating this support
into the OFA-IB-Nemesis interface and will be available in one of the
future releases.

The OFA-IB-Nemesis & OFA-IB-CH3 relies in TCP/IP based transport
mechanisms to exchange remote QP/LID/GID information.

I hope I answered all your questions. Please let us know if you need more
information on any of these points.

Thx,
Hari.