[mvapich-discuss] environment variable for using rsh as default mpirun_rsh's bootstrap?

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Feb 23 12:55:29 EST 2011

Hello, there are two things that you can try out.  Since you've
already built the library you can create an alias for mpirun_rsh so
that it is always mpirun_rsh --rsh.  Try put the following in your
.bashrc if you're using bash.

alias mpirun_rsh='mpirun_rsh --rsh'

The other thing that you can try if you don't mind rebuilding is using
the --enable-rsh option at configure time.

./configure --enable-rsh ...

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Limin Gu <lgu at penguincomputing.com> wrote:
> Hi Devendar and Jonathan,
>
> First I want to let you know that I just tried mvapich2-1.6rc3, and it does
> build on rhel4.8 system, thanks!
>
> Our cluster use rsh instead of ssh between cluster nodes, so I need to use
> rsh as the default bootstrap. "mpirun_rsh -rsh" works, but I want to find a
> way that I don't have to specify -rsh on each mpirun_rsh commandline.
>
> I am able to set HYDRA_BOOTSTRAP and HYDRA_BOOTSTRAP_EXEC environment
> variables for mpiexec in mpich2-1.3.2, but mvapich2-1.6rc3 is different,
> first mpiexec command does not take -bootstrap -bootstrap-exec options.
> Second, I tried to replace  mvapich2-1.6rc3's hydra directory with
> mpich2-1.3.2's hydra directory, it didn't build.
>
> Is there other environment variable to set or can I configure or build
> mvapich2 differently to resolve this?
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Limin

Jonathan Perkins