[mvapich-discuss] MPIRUN_RSH binary not getting created on a new installation

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Apr 19 15:42:21 EDT 2011

DavidA, You should be able to find it in
mpid/ch_gen2/process/mpirun_rsh with a default build.  Please note
that this will be installed into the prefix that you choose (such as
/usr/local/mvapich/bin) when you run the make.mvapich.gen2 script.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Diaz, DavidA (Plymouth)
<DavidA.Diaz at atk.com> wrote:
> Hello: I am new to MVAPICH, and I am trying to do a new installation of
> mvapich-1.2rc1 on a SUSE 10 SP3 Linux Cluster.
>

> When I do the configure, the installer is trying to test for rsh from the
> head (front) node to the compute nodes, and it fails.  It also tests for ssh
> aswell and gets a prompt for a password and also fails.  I know that your
> installation instructions say that either rsh or ssh (without password
> prompts) access from the head node to the remote nodes should be employed.
>

> My question is that since I don’t have the rsh enabled and ssh requires a
> password, would this prohibit the compilation of the mpirun_rsh binary?  I
> am trying to find this important binary in the mvapich-1.2rc1/bin directory,
> and the configure, and make commands don’t create this binary.  All other
> binaries seem to be created just fine.
>

> Thank you for your help,
>

> David A. Diaz
>
> Systems Administrator