[mvapich-discuss] clog2TOslog2 fails on MPI_Test

M A Walkley cscmaw at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Apr 1 12:03:06 EDT 2011

If I convert the clog2 with jumpshot I get

Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
space
 	at javax.swing.text.GapContent.allocateArray(GapContent.java:77)
 	at javax.swing.text.GapVector.resize(GapVector.java:197)
 	at javax.swing.text.GapVector.shiftEnd(GapVector.java:212)
 	at javax.swing.text.GapContent.shiftEnd(GapContent.java:328)
 	at javax.swing.text.GapVector.open(GapVector.java:184)
 	at javax.swing.text.GapVector.replace(GapVector.java:125)
 	at javax.swing.text.GapContent.insertString(GapContent.java:115)
 	at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.handleInsertString(AbstractDocument.java:709)
 	at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.insertString(AbstractDocument.java:693)
 	at javax.swing.text.PlainDocument.insertString(PlainDocument.java:114)
 	at javax.swing.JTextArea.append(JTextArea.java:470)
 	at viewer.convertor.AdvancingTextArea.append(AdvancingTextArea.java:21)
 	at viewer.convertor.InputStreamThread.run(InputStreamThread.java:48)

It hangs with many "Error > Drawable.Order: WARNING! Equal Drawables?"
in the jumpshot window.

If I run clog2TOslog2 on the command line I go into an infinite loop
as far as I can see.

I have requested 1.6 on our machine. Apparently it is being evaluated
but there are some issues with MPI-IO implementation at present.

I have been offered OpenMPI/mpe so I will try that next.

Thanks.