[mvapich-discuss] Configre with hwloc, but have errors

Krishna Chaitanya Kandalla kandalla at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Mar 27 13:27:36 EDT 2010

Hi Haoanyi,
Since you have configured the library with "ch3:sock" and not with
"gen2", the code path that is used will be different. If you are
interesting in playing around with MVAPICH2's core-mapping features, you
will have to build the library as we had discussed in the previous
e-mails. Since it appears as though you can only build MPI over TCP/IP,
it would be more appropriate for you to use MPICH2's latest version.
They also have hwloc support. You can find out more about their package
at : http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Krishna