[mvapich-discuss] Configre with hwloc, but have errors

haoanyi haoanyi at 163.com
Fri Mar 26 04:02:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a configuration problem for MVAPICH2 with hwloc.
As a non-root, I installed HWLOC0.9.3 in my HOME directory. By providing LDFLAGS, and CPPFLAGS, I made the mvapich configure can find the libhwloc. However, when I configure with the line
>>./configure --with-hwloc --with-device=ch3:sock --prefix=/home/shiming/Downloads/mvapich2 --disable-f90
it always fail with error msg:
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: in `/home/shiming/Downloads/mvapich2-1.4.1/src/mpid/ch3':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
configure: error: Configure of src/mpid/ch3 failed!
But it works well if the --with-hloc option is not provided. Besides, --with-hwloc has the same result as -with-hwloc.
This configuration is done on Intel Nehalem 64 bit machine. I also tested it on my DUO2 core laptop, which still does not work out. So how can I configure it with support to hwloc?
Thank you very much.