[mvapich-discuss] Unable to compile IBM test suite

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jun 25 09:02:30 EDT 2010

This doesn't appear to be an mpi issue.  The code that is failing is
using the mmap
system call but MAP_ANONYMOUS is not available for some reason.

Excerpt from mmap man page:
      Of  the above flags, only MAP_FIXED is specified in POSIX.1-2001.  How-
      ever,  most  systems  also  support  MAP_ANONYMOUS  (or   its   synonym
      MAP_ANON).

Maybe your system isn't like most?  You should try compiling a simple c
program using mmap with MAP_ANONYMOUS and whatever compiler mpicc is
using.  If it fails the problem is there, otherwise we can investigate
further.

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 3:46 AM, rohit <rohit.kumar at chelsio.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using MTT ( Mpi Testing Tool ) for testing MVAPICH2 mpi on our cluster.
> But i am not able to build IBM test suites. It is failing to compile one
> file ring_mmap.c. I have used the following steps :
>
> 1) Installed OFED package OFED-1.5.2-20100510-0822 on all nodes.
> 2) Set Up the MVAPICH2 mpi on all nodes using mpi-selector --set option.
> 3) Downloaded the IBM test suite from MTT repository .
> 4) Than i executed the following commands:
>
> $./autogen.sh
> $./configure CC=mpicc CXX=mpicxx F77=mpif77
> $ make
>
> 5) In make i got the following error :
> ring_mmap.c: In function ‘main’:
> ring_mmap.c:42: error: ‘MAP_ANONYMOUS’ undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> ring_mmap.c:42: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ring_mmap.c:42: error: for each function it appears in.)
> make[1]: *** [ring_mmap.o] Error 1
>
> 6) I have checked the file ring_mmap.c . The required header file sys/mmap.h
> was included in the program. I have confirmed that mpicc , mpicxx & mpif77
> all are in the correct path.
>
> 7) I tried to compile that file manually as :
> $ mpicc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../reporting -g -MT ring_mmap.o -MD -MP -MF -c -o
> ring_mmap.o ring_mmap.c -I /usr/mpi/gcc/mvapich2-1.4.1/include/
>
> 8) This time also i got the same error.
>
> I have attached the ring_mmap.c file. Please help me to solve this issue.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Rohit Kumar

Jonathan Perkins