[mvapich-discuss] Unable to compile IBM test suite

rohit rohit.kumar at chelsio.com
Fri Jun 25 03:46:07 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am using MTT ( Mpi Testing Tool ) for testing MVAPICH2 mpi on our
cluster. But i am not able to build IBM test suites. It is failing to
compile one file ring_mmap.c. I have used the following steps :

1) Installed OFED package OFED-1.5.2-20100510-0822 on all nodes.
2) Set Up the MVAPICH2 mpi on all nodes using mpi-selector --set option.
3) Downloaded the IBM test suite from MTT repository .
4) Than i executed the following commands:

$./autogen.sh
$./configure CC=mpicc CXX=mpicxx F77=mpif77
$ make

5) In make i got the following error :
ring_mmap.c: In function ‘main’:
ring_mmap.c:42: error: ‘MAP_ANONYMOUS’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
ring_mmap.c:42: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ring_mmap.c:42: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [ring_mmap.o] Error 1

6) I have checked the file ring_mmap.c . The required header file
sys/mmap.h was included in the program. I have confirmed that mpicc ,
mpicxx & mpif77 all are in the correct path.

7) I tried to compile that file manually as :
$ mpicc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../reporting -g -MT ring_mmap.o -MD -MP -MF -c
-o ring_mmap.o ring_mmap.c -I /usr/mpi/gcc/mvapich2-1.4.1/include/

8) This time also i got the same error.

I have attached the ring_mmap.c file. Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Rohit Kumar