[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2 profiling interface for Fortran

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Feb 18 16:52:11 EST 2010

Hi Paul,

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Paul Howard <paulhoward at microway.com> wrote:
> Hi ... can someone please point me to documentation for the Fortran PMPI
> interface? I'm using mvapich2-1.4, and trying to write a simple
> profiling library. I can do it for C, but not Fortran.

I'm wondering if you could elaborate on the exact problem you're
facing? e.g. some compilation error you may be facing?

I tried this simple hello world program using PMPI interface using
MVAPICH2-1.4 and it worked for me.

surs at wci10:~/tmp 04:48 PM> cat hello.f
c  Fortran example
            program hello
            include 'mpif.h'
                integer rank, size, ierror, tag, status(MPI_STATUS_SIZE)

                call PMPI_INIT(ierror)
                call PMPI_COMM_SIZE(MPI_COMM_WORLD, size, ierror)
                call PMPI_COMM_RANK(MPI_COMM_WORLD, rank, ierror)
                print*, 'node', rank, ': Hello world'
                call PMPI_FINALIZE(ierror)
            end

> Thanks, Paul